Midwest Conference on British Studies 60th Annual Meeting, DePaul University, Chicago, October 11-12 2013.
The MWCBS seeks papers from scholars in all fields of British Studies, broadly defined to include those who study England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and Britain’s Empire and the Commonwealth. We welcome scholars from a broad spectrum of disciplines, including but not limited to history, literature, political science, gender studies and art history. Proposals for complete sessions are preferred, although proposals for individual papers will be considered. We welcome roundtables (of four participants plus chair) and panels (of three participants plus chair/commentator) that:
· offer cross-disciplinary perspectives on topics in British Studies
· situate the arts, letters, and sciences in a British cultural context
· examine representations of British and imperial/Commonwealth national identities
· consider Anglo-American relations, past and present
· examine new trends in British Studies
· assess a major work or body of work by a scholar
· explore new developments in digital humanities and/or research methodologies
· include a 200-word abstract for each paper and a brief, 1-page c.v. for each participant, including chairs and commentators.
· for full panels, include a brief 200-word preview of the panel as a whole.
Please place the panel proposal, the accompanying paper proposals and vitas in one file and send it as a single attachment. Also identify within the email the contact person for the panel. All proposals should be submitted electronically to the Program Committee Chair, Jennifer McNabb at JL-Mcnabb@wiu.edu.
The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2013.
For further information, consult: