The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum have recently announced the following temporary position:
Programmes Officer, Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum, Bournemouth
Full-time Maternity Cover, 6 – 12 months.
Fixed-Term or Secondment Opportunity
£24,892 – £27,323
This hands-on role will be responsible for managing and implementing public and collections programmes and line managing our small but talented collections and learning team. You will:
• coordinate and physically deliver the exhibitions programme, comprising two main exhibitions and 4 contemporary art selling shows per year
• develop exhibition concepts, narrative and content, then coordinate/ implement their delivery from research and copywriting, to designing the layout and installation/ de-installation
• work with contractors, graphic designers and delivery partners including the Mucha Foundation, regional and national museums etc
• develop the forward programme of exhibitions, events and phased renewal of the interpretation within the historic house.
• provide curatorial support to the team and oversee collections and learning programmes
• deliver talks and tours to promote the service and support income generation and fundraising.
You will have:
• a track record of successfully engaging and growing audiences through exhibitions and public programmes.
• the ability to use collections to tell stories and communicate content to non-specialist audiences.
• experience of working with museum collections (fine art collections would be beneficial, but not essential).
For the right individual, this is a rare career development opportunity to manage public programmes and work with internationally-significant art and world cultures collections at this exceptional II* Listed house, gallery and museum overlooking the sea.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 16 October 2014
Interviews: Friday 31 October 2014